Friday, March 20, 2009

The Crib, A Great Place to Sleep

So, we did it, we moved Isabella to her crib at night! I was so worried that it was going to go badly, but like Jonathan said, I wasn't worried as much as I was hoping. If it was a disaster I could put her back in her bassinet and say we tried! hehe I know that we need to get her used to sleeping in her crib before the move because at 6 or 7 months she is going to be set in her ways. Getting her out of our room would be too hardat that point. But at only 3 months, and as tiny as she is, the crib seems like a big scary place. Plus she is all alone! I can't imagine how some people have put there kids in the crib from the beginning. I don't think its wrong or that they are bad parents, its just not for me. She feels so far away and I hate it, but I must admit that I sleep much better with her in the other room. I don't wake up every time she coughs or makes the slightest noise. AND Im less likely to fall asleep holding her because I have to get up and go to her room. The first night Jonathan had to make me leave the room after we put her in the crib. I was devistated that she liked it so much. Her crib vibrates and she has a rainforest soother, what's not to like? The ONLY thing that has made this all possible is that we have a video monitor and I can see her all throughout the night when I wake up. So far she has spent FIVE nights in her crib, I think we are past the point of no return. My baby as moved on to her big girl bed! Being a Mom is heartbreaking...but I love it.

Here is a picture of Isabella sleeping in her crib for the first time. It looks really bright but that was just the flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment