Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bedtime Routine

We finally started Isabella's bedtime routine last night. She is very fussy in the evenings so it has been easier to just give her what she wants and to be at her mercy so far. But yesterday we talked and decided that this really had to stop or we would always be at her mercy. We set up the baby monitor and made a plan! After dinner we played and made videos then had a bottle. At about 7:45 we went upstairs to get her ready for bed. We cuddled, got her in her jammies, Jonathan read her a story while I held her, and then we turned on Baby Tad for 10 minutes. She was out about 4 minutes into the music! I thought for sure once I sat her in the bassinet she would wake up and scream, but she didnt. She hasnt been doing so good with the bassinet since the weekend so we were really shocked. She slept from about 8:30 to 1 without a peep. She woke up again about 4:30 for food and then slept until 8. Don't even ask me what happened to my baby that was sleeping through the night, she's apparently gone again. I know its not a perfect routine because idealy she would fall asleep in her bassinet, but this is a big step for us. I was so excited I just thought I would share. We are going to try again tonight and see how it goes!

BTW - we were in bed last night at 10, that hasn't happened in a very long itme. It was heaven.

1 comment:

  1. that is a great start! we were rocking makenzie to sleep but like you said we can't do that the rest of her baby life lol! so at 7 we get a bath and then jammies and at 8 we put her to bed. she does great! its sad at first when they cry but once they become familiar with the routine it gets easier. so congrats and hope this works good! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete