Friday, January 02, 2009

A Few Things From The New Year

I cannot believe we were awake at midnight to bring in the NEW YEAR! Actually, Isabella and I had been asleep but she woke up to eat about 11:15 and we stayed up to see Big Ben Chime! (So British) After she ate she was sleeping on my chest, she was so warm and snuggly. All of the sudden she lifted her head and looked straight at me with the biggest smile on her face. I looked into her eyes and she let out the biggest burp I have ever heard come out of a baby! Jonathan and I were both shocked, it was 10 seconds of total silence followed by 5 minutes of hilarious laughter! She is her mother's daughter I guess, we all know how skilled I am in the burping department.

In other news we took Isabella to her WIC appointment today. I was very afraid of what they would say to me about the breastfeeding. The lady we saw was super nice (so much nicer than her WIC counterparts), she made one comment about how the paci was bad for breast fed babies with latch issues and moved on. I respected that so much! She said what she needed to say and then moved on, no guilt, no shaming. I know she is right, but its not like we gave her the paci right off, and Isabella never latched on anyway. So, anyway, Isa is now officially a partially breast fed, partially bottle fed baby. She has always been this, but its official now. I'm still pumping for her and I'm waiting to see if the fenugreek will kick in. I'm sure it just needs some time to get into my system. The other day one of my friends said that I was a good Mom for trying to hard and that Isa was a lucky girl to have me. It was SO nice to hear, I need to hear that.

On to the big news!

Isabella is growing fast, she is really a little porker. Im sure you all remember the weight issues we were having in the beginning, well that is now long behind us! Just 4 weeks ago Isabella was 6lbs 12.8 oz....now she is a whopping 8lbs 3 oz! (I think she is only about 8 lbs, when they weighed her she still had her clothes on and a poop in her diaper.) She is still super tiny, but she is finally catching up to where she needs to be. Whatever we are doing we are doing it right! Way to grow girl!

Now, my big news. I weighed myself while we were at WIC. Im now 12 lbs less than my pre pregnancy weight. IM SO EXCITED! I cant wait to get my Wii Fit and get my butt in shape! (And the rest of me too!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your WIC appointment went much better than some of the previous ones, and way to grow, Isabella! Awesome job on the weight loss, too, Nickie. I need to get myself going now. No more holiday indulgences for me!

    ReplyDelete