Friday, January 09, 2009

She's Growing and Changing

Isabella has finally moved up to size one diapers! The newborns were getting to be too short and her little baby butt crack was showing. She's our little lady so we just couldn't let that happen. Not to mention all the poop that could escape from there. To date all of her poops have remained in the confines of her diapers and we like it that way!

She is growing and changing every day, her little face is so chubby now, we just love it. She is spending a lot more time awake now so we get lots of play and cuddle time. She has started "talking" a lot more recently. You know, making sounds that aren't crying? Its so much fun to listen to her cooing and gurgling. We are talking to her a lot, and she just loves to look right into your eyes while you do it. She has the prettiest eyes but they still haven't decided what color they want to be. They are without a doubt changing, we just cant tell what they are changing to.

In other news I finally gave up on breastfeeding. The whole ordeal was just too stressful on everyone and despite my best efforts my milk supply continued to decrease. I was very upset about it at first, but now I am at peace with our decision. I know she will be just fine, and now that I'm not stressing about the breastfeeding all the time I'll be fine too. She got 5 weeks worth, that had to count for something, right?

And one last thing, I took my first shower yesterday with no one home but me and her! I put her in her bouncy and sat her in bathroom while I took a quick shower. She was fine, but I was a nervous wreck. I don't know exactly what I was worried about, but I'm glad I finally braved it. I can shower whenever I want now! Its amazing how such small things seems so big when you have a baby!



2 comments:

  1. She's changing so fast!!! And the shower thing will get easier for you. Just wait until she is ready to sit at the bottom of the shower while you shower. I am glad you aren't stress anymore over the breastfeeding...you did the best you could with what you were given and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on showering! I know what you mean about being nervous. I think I peeked out at Anya (also in her bouncy seat, in the bathroom with me) every 30 seconds the first time I showered while home alone with her.

    ReplyDelete