Sunday, January 04, 2009

She's A Month Old?

How can Isabella be a month old already? It seems like the time has just melted away, like someone hit fast forward on our lives. Even though I have been with her virtually every moment there is almost a feeling like I somehow missed it all. Maybe its the lack of sleep or busy schedule we have had. Either way, it does not feel like my baby should be a month old already! It scares me how the coming years will be. Will I be like my friends and have a hard time remembering her being this small? Will it be hard to imagine she ever fit into her tiny little clothes? I want to remember every moment of her life yet I know it can never happen. I try daily to etch every face she makes into my mind, wishing I could keep it forever. I can't imagine being apart from her ever, I wish she was still attached!

On the other hand I love every day that passes. When she smiles, when she looks at me, when she does something silly I just melt. I can't imagine my life without her now. I can look back at pictures from a month ago and see how tiny she was and it makes me feel so proud that she is growing so well. I'm so glad that she is healthy and happy and here with us. I know she is going to continue to grow, and one day she might even think she doesn't need her Mommy anymore. For now I'm just going to kiss her, hug her, and snuggle her all I can...while she can't run away.









3 comments:

  1. Darn it, Nickie, why'd you have to make me cry? That was so sweet - and I know exactly what you mean. It goes way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does goes by WAY too fast! It's hard to imagine them as being so small the bigger they get..thank God for pictures! You had me tear up reading your blog only because I know my little man will be 1 month old in just two days and it doesn't seem possible at all. Love the pictures!

    *~Jenn~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...that brought tears to my eyes... especially when I think about my older boys and cant remember them being so small. Cherish every minute...she will be a teenager before you know it. =)

    ReplyDelete