Thursday, January 22, 2009

What A Night

I don't know how people do this! Last night Isabella was in rare form and it made me appreciate what a good baby she really is. From 11 - 3:30 she was awake and crying. There was nothing we could do to calm her down. As soon as she would start to fall asleep she would scream. We tried everything in our arsenal of baby calming. We fed her, changed her diaper, changed her clothes, swaddled her, unswaddled her, held her, put her down, put her in the swing. Nothing helped! She didn't have a fever but she was very wheezy so I suctioned her nose and mouth and that just made her even more mad! The 5 S's, which we live by, didn't even work. We felt so bad that nothing seemed to help. It is the worst feeling in the world to have a crying baby and not being able to help them. My heart was breaking for her! She finally went to sleep at 3:30 and stayed asleep until 6:30. When she woke up she acted fine, she ate, and went right back to sleep. I couldn't go back to sleep so I'm definitely going to have to get a nap in today. I'm going to be much more appreciative of her sleeping habits from now on. I couldn't handle many nights like that, I would totally lose my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment